

A couple days ago I took the SAT—the mother of all tests. It was a grueling and excruciatingly long test that does not test intellect, but stamina. Not only is the test taken over a span of four hours, but there it is also strictly regimented. I found these methods and rules to be quite puritanical, because of how much unnecessary care is put into the administration of the test. A valid photo ID is necessary to even enter the test room. The College Board goes to crazy lengths to ensure that there is not cheating. Bringing mechanical pencils are not allowed because apparently notes can be stuffed inside them. Writing outside the lines of the essay space can result in a lower score. Working one second past the allotted time on a specific section can lead to expulsion from the room and the disintegration of the test. Snacks can only be consumed during breaks, and water cannot be kept on the desk. This all takes place starting from eight o’ clock on a Saturday morning. And to think I paid fifty-eight dollars to do it(including the special score report).
No comments:
Post a Comment